Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Panoramic Image

We went to Mission to the riverfront because it was foggy, and fog can be interesting. However the Fraser here is wide enough that the far shore gets pretty indistinct, and half the time you might as well be at a lake or the ocean. There's little river-ness about it, if you know what I mean.

I decided to try a panoramic shot. Unfortunately I didn't know the requirements and so my 5-shot plan became a 3-shot because I didn't leave enough overlap on the final 2. 

Photoshop does a pretty good job. In this shot there is the problem of moving water, and while Photoshop did a good job of lining things up and blending the exposure, you can see where the edges of the composing images are.

This isn't a perfect image - it's decent, a decent first try, but it needs more - more sweep, more pull. The bridge is too high, and there's nothing to really anchor the shot. Still, I'm reasonably pleased with it. As a starting point it's not too bad.

No comments: